Subject: Re: USB problem
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Dean Huxley <dean@huxley.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/1999 14:36:24
Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com> wrote:
> Dean Huxley writes:
> > I'm having problems with a USB controller on NetBSD 1.4_BETA/i386,
> > GENERIC kernel.
> >
> > uhci0 at pci0 dev 4 function 2: Intel 82371AB USB Host Controller (PIIX4) (rev. 0x01)
> > pci_intr_map: no mapping for pin D
> > uhci0: couldn't map interrupt
> >
> > Has anyone come across this before?
>
> Is the "map irq for USB" option enabled in your BIOS?  Do you see the
> Serial Controller listed with an IRQ on the BIOS screen just before it
> starts booting NetBSD?

Bingo! That was it.  It seems the BIOS defaults for this ASUS P2B
motherboard are to disable "USB IRQ" (under "PNP & PCI Setup")  Duoh!

I now get:
uhci0: interrupting at irq 9
uhci0: USB version 1.0
usb0 at uhci0
uhub0 at usb0
uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhid0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 2
uhid0: Microsoft Microsoft Digital Sound System 80, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2, iclass 3/0

So is anyone working on support for the Digital Sound System 80?  I'd be
happy to help, or write code (if I can get tech docs).

Thanks Andrew!

Cheers,
Dean.