Subject: Re: Modula-3 background info
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Gary Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/1999 07:53:06
   I was talking to an M3 guru, myself, and he indicated that the
SRC Modula-3 compiler (which he had extended as a commercial product
and now plans to release as "open source") used a gcc-2.7.x back
end for generating code. However, there were still some platform-specific
changes to the compiler proper to support different platforms. The
toughest part may be getting decent thread support, which I've been
hoping for for some time.

					Gary D. Duzan

p.s. I don't play anything on TV, but I have dabbled in compilers
     at times.

In Message <v04020a21b34dd86b4fd4@[209.157.85.34]> ,