Subject: Re: SMP
To: dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@earthlink.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/1999 00:34:42
At 05:42 PM 4/26/99 -0700, dustin sallings wrote:
>... someone please make me an SMP NetBSD!:)

(flame bait removed ;-)

Maybe it's time to start an "SMP Envy Support Group" or "SMPaholics
Anonymous" or something.

Seriously, I've twice in the last two years recommended getting dual CPU
motherboards (with the 2nd slot unpopulated) for NetBSD machines because
"somebody is working on it" and have seen the CPUs on both sets of machines
become obsolete. I'm sure whatever work is going on is worthwhile and good
and all that, but *please* give us something to chew on! Let us know what's
happening. Draw up a list of what needs to be done, delegate major sections
to a few people, and let us sign up to help. Something. I hate to see old
NetBSD cronies switch to other OSes for this reason. And I hate not having
a valid excuse to buy myself a dual processor box (since I'll give up
NetBSD when you cut it from a bitmap of my cold, dead hands ;-)