Subject: Re: CVSup collections for a NetBSD CVS tree
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@plutotech.com>
From: dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/26/1999 17:42:32
On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

// And yet is available for alpha and i386, likely the two machine
// types used for most of NetBSD's CVS mirrors.  It seems silly to
// prevent your mirrors or user community from using this facility (in
// addition to anon-cvs) just because of a personal distaste for
// Modula-3.

	I've got a FreeBSD machine at work that sits under my desk.  I
asked it to install cvsup out of ports and it installed all of X as a dep.
Spent forever installing stuff just so I could upgrade.  What's the
advantage of cvsup over sup or rsync?

	(BTW, I'm not very happy with FreeBSD, someone please make me an
SMP NetBSD!:)

--
Principal Member Technical Staff, beyond.com    The world is watching America,
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>