Subject: Re: make release
To: None <joe@mediaone.net, perry@piermont.com>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/26/1999 13:00:28
> From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
>
> Joseph Sarkes <joe@js.ne.mediaone.net> writes:
> > Just a reminder about the checkflist script and the
> > /usr/src/distrib/sets/lists/*.* files. There are losses
> > there right now, and the make release doesn't get past
> > it.
>
> 1) I believe they are up to date.
> 2) The make release target ignores the minor errors that crop up there
> from time to time anyway.
>
> > I can supply current info on the results if needed,
> > but am not sure if this is even maintained to any great
> > degree, due to the limited use.
>
> How do you think we build snapshots? With butter knives?

Actually, none of the alpha snapshots or releases have ever been made using
that target.

In fact, it has only worked for the release(7) format since February 5, 1999,
and it has been modified every few days since then. It is now on revision
1.116 and I think I'm glad I've so far avoided it...

	Ross.Harvey@Computer.Org