Subject: Re: What's in a name? (was: NetBSD: Certified mom-ready.)
To: Greg Lehey , Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/1999 22:15:22
At 12:30 PM 4/20/99 +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:
>The biggest problem I find with the names is that it's difficult to
>find a term to describe the three "free" BSDs (see the problem?).
>Call them "open source" BSDs and you're not much better off.  In many
>ways, NetBSD is the best of the three names.

It should be, we chose it first.

For those of you that don't remember, cgd was our original 'Jordan'.  When
NetBSD 0.8 came out, the other free BSD system was still being called
/386bsd with patch kit/.

--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom