Subject: Re: "domestic" issues was anoncvs
To: Rob Healey <rhealey@norstar.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/1999 01:06:21
On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Rob Healey wrote:

> > a) Change the name. "domestic" is an embarrasing USA-centric name.
> >    We're NETbsd, as in NEThack - not USAbsd.
>
> 	This is of course assuming an individual would be embarassed about
> 	being a US citizen or that the word domestic is limited strictly to

What I meant is that it is narrow-minded to think (as "domestic" implies)
that the USA is the centre of all things, whereas in fact the world is
larger. I don't think NetBSD wants to imply any such thing; the Net
part wants to imply world-wide development, right?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder.ubc. ---- Unauthorized duplication,
\X/ .kun.nl ---- while sometimes necessary, is never as good as the real thing.