Subject: hmm
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1999 18:19:49
Hi all,
I just started seeing this on my system:

Apr 20 18:10:37 prez inetd[13304]: connection from 192.168.1.2, service
pop3 (tcp)
Apr 20 18:10:40 prez inetd[13305]: warning: can't verify hostname:
gethostbyname(read-rfc1918-for-details.iana.net) failed

I'm using IPNAT on my home lan, & my Mac is running Eudora Pro & it is able
to get the mail no problem. Is there a way to turn off the gethostbyname
ONLY on the POP3 connections? I never saw this error before now, & while I
had rebuilt my system recently, I haven't touched Qpopper at all. I do get
a gethostbyaddr error when I do a kill -HUP <<sendmaiil's PID>> normally.
That's often necessary to get the traffic flowing when I boot up possible
since I start up my PPP connection after the system is up.

TIA
Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.