Subject: Re: your mail
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Newhouse <newhouse@rockhead.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1999 09:54:05
On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:54:33 Giles Lean wrote:
>I get more "Linux?", and I say:

I hear that also but, most people hear the BSD part they just get that twitchy
spasmodic thing because they can't digest the "Net" part.

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:53:04 Martin J. Laubach wrote:

>I mention I'm running NetBSD, "but for your
>level of expertise/your specific problem/your application, you
>are probably better off running Linux, or FreeBSD, which is far
>easier to install".

AHHH!! The challenge.  *8^)  YOU CAN'T HANDLE NETBSD!!!!
Hmmm, somehow I don't think that would be a good slogan *8^)

Suppose we could get Nicholson to do a 30 second spot for NetBSD??
A counter Goldblum(?whatever his name is?)/MAC ad.

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 06:12:08 Herb Peyerl wrote:

>I like it but it's been there ~forever.  Also, someone recently took offense
>to it and let us know through site-comments... I guess you can't offend all
>of the people some of the time.

Who took offense and on what grounds???  As a salty old jarhead I thought it
was very apropos.  Perseverance against overwhelming odds.  Dedication to
purpose. Hmmm, to esoteric I guess?

Semper Fi do or die.  Opps, sorry, I should put that back in the trunk.  *8^)

Paul