Subject: fxp0: device timeout
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/1999 21:48:54
(fxp is the Intel 82588 Ethernet driver.)

Anybody else seeing these?  What's going on?

I'm trying to see how much traffic I can cram through a network.
I get >90 megabits when running TCP in one direction.  Things get
confused when I try to run (lots of) traffic in both directions.

I'm running a point-point link between a pair of Alphas.  ifconfig
says
fxp0: flags=8c43<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,OACTIVE,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        address: 00:08:c7:08:2a:91
        media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX full-duplex)
        status: active

It also happens if I force both ends to 100/FDX (rather than letting
it autoselect) and in half duplex mode.