Subject: anoncvs
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/1999 13:39:04
Okay, my mention that our CVS tree was non-tainted now brought me a
lot of mail, so I thought I'd fully explain the situation.

As of now, the CVS tree on the master NetBSD CVS machine is
untainted. It took me about four months of going through the tree with
jewelers instruments to remove all the taints, but they are gone. We
can freely distribute the contents at will.

however...

We still have two outstanding problems.

1) We need to deal with what we're going to do about domestic/. I'm
currently in favor of just not distributing it until we come up with a
better plan. This will prevent people from accidently checking it out,
which right now would be a serious problem for anyone outside of the
U.S.

2) We need to actually get the anoncvs machines set up and
working. I believe someone is working on this, but I'm not clear on
whom (I'm too busy dealing with the 1.4 release and I'm thus not
paying clear attention -- I used to know who it was but I've now
forgotten. "Senility".)

Perhaps some volunteer labor could help with these issues. I'm going
to check and figure out one more time who's dealing with this right
now and see if I can ask them about what might still need doing.

Perry