Subject: Re: kernel build annoyance part II
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/1999 12:43:08
gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com said:
> So my guess is that for 'depend' make is doing things relative to /usr/
> src/sys/arch/compile/XXXXX/lib/compat, so the 6th previous is actually
> /usr/src, so the file is then '/usr/src/net/radix.h' as expected.

Hmm - there is one subdir missing in your path - it should be
/usr/src/sys/arch/<ARCH>/compile/XXXXX/lib/compat.
So the 6th bach is /usr/src/sys, and the search paths come out right.

It's still nasty to have absolute paths in .depend because
one can't simply move a kernel compile directory around,
but this is another story.

best regards
Matthias