Subject: Re: More Problems with NetBSD 1.4_alpha with signals and
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/16/1999 18:59:41
On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Brian Buhrow wrote:

# when window exits.  Is this more fallout from that funny business from Grey
# Wolf about children not getting signals?  In any case, I would consider
# this a pretty big failure, as it means I need to manually kill all my
# shells each time I log out, otherwise, the next time I run window, csh
# complains that it cannot give me job control because it cannot access the
# tty.

It turns out that once I send the signal to the right pgrp, it works
just fine, BTW.  The trick was finding the right pgrp; I kind of
expected that once the pid whose pgrp owned the processes exited that
the pgid of the processes would get reset either to 1 or that of the
continuing process.

				--*greywolf;
--
My other car was on Alderaan.