Subject: Re: Press any key to continue...
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/15/1999 22:30:37
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Brian D Chase wrote:

> >> That seems entirely reasonable, if we have machines that slow.  (I
> >> dont think any of the original sysinst development was on machines
> >> quite _that_ slow.)
> >
> >Think VAX.
>
>   Now, now.  You'll have these folks thinking *all* VAXen are slow.

Think slow-VAX?  Check a slow-VAX, eh uh?  [Wahn wahn wahn waaaaahhh].

You're right Dave, I'd forgotten that my VAXstation 3100/M76 whooped some
butt on my 386/DX40 compiling a NetBSD kernel the other day.  Can't speak
for the VS4000/60|VLC|90 as I don't have one, but I hear they's run real
purty.

-brian.
---