Subject: Re: Netscape question...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/15/1999 20:13:02
[ On Monday, April 12, 1999 at 21:15:56 (+0200), Thilo Manske wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Netscape question...
>
> BTW: With Netscape 4.51 you can switch java script off.
> (This didn't work with 4.5). The Linux binary works on i386 with
> emulation.

Actually the last time I tried to turn off Javascript in Netscape
Communicator 4.51/U.S (LinuxELF2.0 i386 version) it did not turn off.

Maybe it works in a few more cases than before, but it's definitely not
100%.  I think it turns itself on again if you visit a page with a style
sheet or some such nonsense (I've forgotten where I tested it).  In any
case I backed down to Navigator 4.08 again....

Seems pretty silly that Javascript is used to parse the preferences.js
file, and then would include lines such as:

	user_pref("javascript.allow.mailnews", false);
	user_pref("javascript.enabled", false);

Just exactly when is it not enabled?  ;-)

--
							Greg A. Woods