Subject: Re: /var/cron -> /etc/cron
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/14/1999 00:19:40
On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Andrew Brown wrote:

> it doesn't seem (to my probably underinformed mind) that it'd be that
> difficult.  how much is involved?  and can we get it done without some
> sort of "holy war"?

Those questions are best answered by you attempting this.

> why what?  why would i have configure it or why would have
> "bazillions" of mounts?

Why would you have any loopback mounts?

> i was envisioning doing something like this:
>
> for i in / /usr/ /usr/local/ /usr/pkg/; do
> 	cd $i
> 	ln -s arch/bin bin
> 	ln -s @ arch
> done

Yeah, that's with symlinks, which gets ugly, which is why I suggested
using amd. Then you mount nfssvr:/export/$ARCH/usr on /usr,
nfssrv:/export/share on /usr/share, etc.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org