Subject: Re: pkgsrc and DESTDIR
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/1999 13:37:12
In message <w0zp4cwepw.fsf@rupert.honors.montana.edu>, Chris Jones writes:
>Peter> So, if you do a lot of building on a fast box, and install
>Peter> everything in $DESTDIR/usr/pkg/..., will everything work when
>Peter> the DESTDIR in question becomes / on another machine?

>Probably better to install the package as normal, then "make package",
>then transfer the package file over to the new machine and do a
>pkg_add on it.

Oh, okay.  I could try that.  My problem is, the new machine is apparently
sucking at transferring packages.  Also, is there a way to 'make package'
that will politely get all of the dependancies right?  "make install" does
the right thing, but that depends on local media.

I may just put a tarball of /usr/src/sys on the new machine so I can try to
hack the kernel into using an IRQ that works.  ;-)

-s