Subject: Re: 100base-TX PCMCIA/cardbus
To: Hayakawa Koichi <haya@tcad.ulsi.sony.co.jp>
From: Paul B Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/1999 14:44:47
On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Hayakawa Koichi wrote:

>  > Does netbsd-current support any 100base-TX PCMCIA or cardbus ethernet
>  > cards yet?  Can any of the fast-ethernet cardbus cards be run in some
>  > pcmcia "compatability" mode?  (I understand that cardbus mode doesn't
>  > work yet.)
>
> I have been working on CardBus driver.  Although this driver
> is yet imcomplete, 3C575TX (100BaseTX CardBus ethernet)
> works on i386 in my home.  If you are interested in the
> CardBus driver, try CardBus patch, which is provided at
>
> <ftp://nandra.iri.co.jp/pub/NetBSD/CardBus/>.
>
> There are also CardBus driver mailing list.  Plase refer to
> CardBus driver project in "Current Project" page on NetBSD
> WWW server.
> --
> HAYAKAWA, Koichi

Great!  Is there any hope of getting this into -current after the 1.4
branching process?  I'd love to be able to use the laptop with CardBus
NIC at USENIX in June.

I'll gladly volunteer to test things out on my laptop.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."