Subject: Re: SGI ports [was Re: pwd_mkdb]
To: Castor Fu <castor@geocast.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/1999 12:20:51
[replies set to port-mips]

In message <Pine.GSO.4.03.9904101431370.13517-100000@geo.geocast.net>,
Castor Fu writes:

>I've been meaning to work on tools for this and have several Indy's which
>have been donated by SGI for the purpose of working on this.  However,
>I've been swamped at work.  If people want access to machines, I can
>try to arrange to at least throw one up on the net.

hi castor,

Having access to the machines is cool; thanks to SGI and ot you for
the offer. But I dont understand what the goal of the exercise is,
here.  Getting a NetBSD-compiled kernel to boot with the standard Indy
boostrap tools?  If so, wouldn't we need both the machine and access
to a serial console (or equivalent) via the net?

(And how much of this can be done without at least a console-io driver
for Indys?)