Subject: Problems with Hummingbird NFS and NetBSD-1.3
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gerald C. Simmons <simmons@darykon.cet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/1999 06:18:56
Been running NetBSD-1.2.1 for around 2 years along with Hummingbird NFS Maestro
version 5.1.3 on an NT Workstation. I've decided to take another run at
upgrading my machine to NetBSD-1.3 (in prep for gently moving to 1.4.)

I'm running HCLNFSD version 5.1.3.4 for NFS Authentication. The weird thing is
that when I try to examine an exported filesystem with NT's Network
Neighborhood, it seems to try 4 times, with a 5 second pause between each, then
NT bring up a blank window for the filesystem.

On my NetBSD-1.2.1 box, Nt brings up a Windows with the filesystem
directories/files immediately.

Have run HCLNFSD in debug mode. Authentication looks O.K. Mountd is running
with "-n" option. What else am I missing???

Anyone else seen this???

Gerry Simmons
simmons@darykon.cet.com