Subject: Re: USB / wskbd questions/problems...
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/1999 12:17:23
Matthias Drochner writes:

> Lennard came up with such an idea a while ago...
> It's doable, bout not always straightforward - it's not clear
> which keyboard is meant is a state change takes place.
> I don't think a formal "multiplexer" device is necessary, it
> should be enough to tell the wsdisplay device which keyboards
> it should accept input from. (I'd like the wscons "glue" code
> to go anyway - sooner or later.)
> For the mouse, I'd think it would be better to multiplex within
> the X server - there is no need to bloat the kernel with.

I would like to be able to run the USB Keyboard/Mouse entirely
seperate from the PCKBD Keyboard/Mouse.  Presumably with two
video cards in the machine, you could have two full "consoles"
with X running.  This would be great for sharing a high-end PC
between a couple of people.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.