Subject: Re: pwd_mkdb
To: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1999 16:09:27
On Fri, Apr 09, 1999 at 11:25:23AM -0700, Gandhi woulda smacked you wrote:
> 2.  Is there any headway on a port for the HP/PA-RISC architecture, or is
>     that too closely held to do anything?

There is a mach4/mklinux for HP/PA-RISC, availble in sources. HP released
docs about their hp700 series machines a few weeks ago, which should give
all the info needed. The OpenBSD port seems to run on a limited list of
machines (more restricted than what they claim on their www pages: they
claim to support the 2 HPs I have (710 and 720), but the kernel panic before
going to virtual mode).
I've been able to compile a NetBSD kernel and load it (based on the OpenBSD
code), but I have problems with the earlier pmap initialisation, before going
to virtual mode. Now that HP released some docs I have better clues on how to
fix the problem but didn't have time to work on it since then.

Don't know for the other questions :)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>