Subject: Re: /var/cron -> /etc/cron
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/1999 16:08:01
On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Curt Sampson wrote:

#
# > .../var/named?  Unless you put your named configuration someplace else.
# > I moved it out of /etc because I didn't think it belonged there.
#
# Ah, I'm beginning to see that you work on different principles than
# hier. If you're already having to move stuff out of /etc and into
# /var, what's the problem with adding cron to the list, aside from
# slightly more inconvenience? It seems worthwhile given that it
# makes the system more consistent for those who don't or shouldn't
# use /var for configuration information.

But how does moving cron from /var to /etc make sense when I've just
moved named from /etc to /var?

				--*greywolf;
--
BSD -> Solaris:		It could be worse.