Subject: Re: pwd_mkdb
To: Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/1999 18:29:19
On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 11:57:10PM +0900, Takahiro Kambe wrote:
> In message <19990408173234.A8276@pyy.jmp.fi>
> 	on Thu, 8 Apr 1999 17:32:34 +0300,
> 	Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> wrote:
> > > I think "-u" option is valuable to implement.
> >
> > Is there any hope of seeing the -u option in the near future?
> O.K., I'll try to implement it this weekend.  :-)

Great!  I looked into pwd_mkdb.c and the db(3) man page, but I'd rather
leave it to someone who knows what he/she is doing... ;-)

Please let me know when a patch is available and I'll try it out right
away (a patch for NetBSD 1.3.3 would be the best for me).

> > There's this NetBSD system which is expected to have more than 20,000
> > users soon and the user information (passwords etc.) is constantly
> Wow, it's great!

Yeah, but there will be a lot of angry people if something goes wrong.. :)

On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 11:23:47AM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > Is there any hope of seeing the -u option in the near future?
>
> If someone submits a patch, it will make it into 1.5. Its too late for
> 1.4 in all likelyhood.

Well, I can live with the patch until 1.5.

Now that 1.5 popped up - will it be another 2 years before it sees the
daylight? ;-)  (It would be nice to see new releases 1-2 times a year,
at least.. :)

  -jm