Subject: Re: VM Wedgies
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/1999 08:44:37
On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Chuck Silvers wrote:

> this problem doesn't occur for me on a 64 meg i386.
> is it still happening for you in 1.4_ALPHA?
> how much swap space does the machine have?

I've got a machine with 128 MB RAM and (at the moment) 64 MB swap.
However, I can no longer reproduce this problem in 1.4_ALPHA, so
I guess it's not a big worry. Although I should try it with a 256
MB /tmp, when I get some more swap space.

I even tried to run the machine out of RAM and swap (the big file
on the MFS /tmp blew it up to a VSIZ of 131560, and then I ran X,
netscape, etc.), but somehow it always managed to come up with more
memory somehow. It'd get down to 300 or so and then pop back up
when I went to use more. Don't ask me where it paged to.  :-)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org