Subject: Re: PR#227, more & less
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/1999 18:47:02
On Tue, Apr 06, 1999 at 12:31:40PM -0700, Erik E. Fair wrote:
> What I find ironic about this is that "less" began as an unbloated "more",
> so we nuked "more". Later, "more" was resurrected for the miniroot installs
> because (cough) it's smaller than "less". I don't suppose this bug was
> fixed in the version of "more" that we have in the "stand" sources?

That doesn't correspond with my historical recall of less. I think less
was written primarily to add the scroll back feature. I think it has
always had features that more did not.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,