Subject: Re: Recovering from /usr loss
To: [This is my bacque pas, this is my faux pas] <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/1999 01:14:08
On Sun, 4 Apr 1999, [This is my bacque pas, this is my faux pas] wrote:

> It's the gzipped  thing that I think is killing you right about now;
> otherwise, purportedly, don't we support USTARFS or  something similar
> that lets you mount a tar file as  a filesystem?

Oh, it's definitely the gzip thing in this particular instance.
/bin/pax would do a fine job of extracting my stuff otherwise. It
just sort of seems to me that ftp would be incredibly useful, too,
since anonymous logins on a huge variety of FTP servers could
greatly increase my chances of downloading useful stuff.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org