Subject: Re: /var/cron -> /etc/cron
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1999 23:44:13
	Actually, I object because cron files are unique to each machine, or
rather, they can be.  Now with dhcp doing network configuration, /etc can
be completely replicated across systems without fear of having to keep
track of machine differences.  Also, most other systems put cron in /var,
somewhere, and I feel like this is just another gratuitous difference from
every other *nix implementation out there.  As the least popular *nix on
the list of free Os's already, I'd hate to see another reason for not using
NetBSD get added to the list.  This is not a big issue on this point, but
it is another straw.
-Brian