Subject: /var/cron -> /etc/cron
To: NetBSD-current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1999 21:58:29
I've got minor tweaks to various files so that the following
conversions happen:

    /var/cron/tabs	->	/etc/cron/tabs
    /var/cron/log	->	/var/log/cron

/var/cron itself disappears.

The rationale behind this is that there's no reason to keep cron
logfiles separate from other logfiles, and crontabs themselves are
vital configuration information that should be preserved forever
(rather than `spool' information), and thus belong in /etc.

Any objections to me commiting this to current? Any suggestions on
how to ease the transition for users?

Does anyone feel strongly that this should be in 1.4? I think it's
fairly low risk myself, but I'll defer to whatever others think.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org