Subject: cross/binutils won't install
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js.ne.mediaone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1999 14:29:47
I am trying to build the pkgsrc/cross/binutils package
and the make seems to die trying to untar the package
into the work directory. the .extract_done file is created
without untarring the binutils-*.tar.gz file. There is also
some type of error from gzcat complaining about the -X option
being bad, which should be passed to tar vice gz. I looked
over this a bit but the glitch has eluded me, since I don't
have sufficient familiarity with the make files.

I did manage to untar the files manually leaving the .extract_done
file in the work directory. (without that file, the extracted files
are deleted, and the top paragraph is repeated.) The build is now
in progress.

system is a dec alpha multia box.

--
Joseph Sarkes                   mailto:joe@mediaone.net