Subject: Re: -current install trouble
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1999 10:08:18
Your message dated: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 21:58:13 CDT

>(2) Later, I tried an ftp installation (having brought the laptop home
>    to where my build machine is).  Unfortunately, this isn't working
>    either:  the laptop has a 3COM EtherLink III PCMCIA card, which appears
>    to probe as "ep1", but when sysinst turns it on, it doesn't work;
>    the little light on the ethernet connector blinks and nothing
>    happens.  (Almost nothing; it seems to transmit an ARP
>    identification packet, but I don't know if it transmits anything
>    else, and it certainly does not appear to receive anything.  This
>    might be broken hardware, I'll swap it for something else
>    tomorrow...)

I needed this in my kernel config to get an 3COM PCMCIA Card to work
on my laptop:

options         PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE="0x300"
options         PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOSIZE="0xff"
# For Laptop: Mask out IRQ 10 and IRQ 3 (infrared) and 5 (soundblaster)
options         PCIC_ISA_INTR_ALLOC_MASK="0xfbd7"

Feico.