Subject: re: /etc/rc critical filesystem mount changes
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1999 15:06:57

   I've just tweaked /etc/rc so that instead of specifying whether
   you want the critical filesystems mounted before or after networking
   starts, it looks at them to see which ones are local (mounting them
   before networking starts) and which are network (mounting them
   after networking starts). If you've updated in the last week or
   two and set the variable related to that in /etc/rc.conf, you can
   to remove it.

   You  may also want to yell at me if this new scheme doesn't work.  :-)

YELL!!!!

this breaks the situation where you mount local drives ontop of
NFS drives.  personally, i've never done it but others do!

please when making changes to /etc/rc in the future, discuss
these changes first.