Subject: Re: Fireport 20/40
To: None <justin@theprovider.com>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/1999 11:24:45
   At bootup, NetBSD finds my Diamond FirePort 40 and it is listed as device
   'ncr0' - what chipset is this card using and does NetBSD also support its
   little brother the fireport 20?

   Justin

Hello...

I have two Fireport 20s in one of my machines at home.  Assuming that
Diamond didn't play games with board names, the Fireport 20 appears to be
a Fireport 40 without the wide connector.  They probe like a Ultra wide
controller.

Snip from dmesg:

ncr2 at pci0 dev 10 function 0: ncr 53c875j fast20 wide scsi
ncr2: interrupting at irq 10
ncr2: minsync=25, maxsync=254, maxoffs=16, 128 dwords burst, large dma
fifo
ncr2: single-ended, open drain IRQ driver, using on-chip SRAM
ncr2: restart (scsi reset).
scsibus2 at ncr2: 16 targets

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]