Subject: audioplay & audiorecord programs now available!
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/1999 17:22:11
hi folks!

last year, i set out to use my ultra1 (sunos5.5) to record some audio.
much to my surprise and happiness, i found two programs "audiorecord"
and "audioplay" which do exactly what they say they do, in a simple
to use and sane manner.  i was .. excessively impressed, actually :)

so, i've written versions of these programs for NetBSD (reusing some
code from audioctl), and they are now available in the source tree.
they are basically identical to the sunos5 programs, usage wise,
except where there are slight differences in the audio implemetation.
the NetBSD version already has one feature more: the ability to play
MICROS~1 .wav files.

as always, please report any bugs or problems or change requests to
these programs via send-pr(1)!

thanks!

.mrg.