Subject: Thoughts for ftp...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Segmentation Violation. Core dumped. <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/27/1999 18:35:35
I've been doing a lot of ftp activity lately, and I just noticed one thing
and thought of another.

The thing I noticed is that our current ftp client stores empty command
lines in its cursor-accessible history list.  This Should Not Happen [TM].

The thing I thought of is that isn't there some way that, given a username
of either "anonymous" or "ftp" (which operate synonymously in most, if not
all, implementations...), that the "Password:" prompt could actually be put
into ECHO mode so you can see what you're typing?

				--*greywolf;
--
"When are people going to wake up and perceive people as people, instead
 of giving us convenient little labels, trying to force us to conform to