Subject: Re: softdep?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 03/27/1999 00:56:42
Luke Mewburn wrote:

> I don't think Sun make an NVRAM SIMM for the Ultra series, although I
> have put an SBus Presto card into an Ultra 2 and it worked.

I think Sun's position is something like "You don't need PrestoServe
with NFS V3 or CacheFS (is that what it's called?)"...  However, we've
got 4 Ultra 2's with SBus PrestoServe (probably including the one Luke
was talking about ;) working fine as NFS servers to V2 (Ultrix) clients.

Was DEC selling PCI PrestoServe/NVRAM cards for Alphas at one stage?

> It would be nice if NetBSD could use the NVRAM SIMMs in the Sparcs, as
> well as the equivalent Presto SIMMs in the DECsystem 5000/2xx's and
> on-board presto on the DECsystem 5500's.

And the NVRAM SIMMs in the DECsystem 5100's :-)

Simon.