Subject: Re: if_ne_isapnp losing?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/1999 19:08:01
On Thu, Mar 25, 1999 at 03:28:58PM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 17:48:47 -0500
>  Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> wrote:
>
>  > if_ne_isapnp.c revision 1.10 or 1.11 seems to have made my generic pnp
>  > "ne2000" card get "device timeout" on every attempt to transmit.  Looking
>  > at the changes, I can't for the life of me see why -- but a March 22 kernel
>  > (just before those changes) doesn't have the problem, and one I build today
>  > does.
>
> ...have you tried backing out that rev?  There is nothing in that rev
> that could cause you to get the wrong IRQ.
>
> Does it use the same IRQ as the working kernel?

No, it doesn't.  The working kernel uses IRQ 9; the new kernel uses IRQ 5,
which is actually in use by a PCI card (ntwo) for which I'd commented out
the driver because I'm working on it and it doesn't currently compile.

So I'm trying to smash the ntwo driver so it'll compile again and I expect
that will fix things.

I'm pretty surprised that can happen, still.  I've never seen it happen
with any other PCI card we didn't have a driver for -- any idea how this
is happening?

Thor