Subject: Re: softdep?
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/1999 00:14:19
On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 04:10:16PM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 11:58:44AM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> > Will NetBSD be integrating McKusick's soft dependancies code?
>
> With a working LFS, it seems to me there's somewhat less pressing need

Is there a paper out there somewhere that describes LFS? I've read the
relevant man pages, and they didn't give me quite enough, whereas I wouldn't
be able to usefully follow the source.

I'm interested in soft updates or a JFS, but if LFS provides similar stability
I'd like to check it out both for home and for some projects at work - if I
can demonstrate greater stability using LFS, I might be able to convert an
existing GNU/Linux shop into a NetBSD shop.

Thanks in advance!

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped