Subject: Re: 1.4 schedule (was Re: From 1.3.3 to -current.)
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/1999 14:12:45
On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 10:09:55AM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Unfortunately, we have no such document written. HOWEVER, if you were
> to write one, or if a set of people were to collaborate on one, I
> would happily add it to the release docs for 1.4. Indeed, we need such
> a thing...

Another thing I think we need is a document describing purely administrative
changes that every admin needs to understand.

Major ones that folks should be made to understand:

mailwrapper
new BIND configuration files
nsswitch
partition ID (I know it's covered in 1.3.3, but I expect lots of people will
	be upgrading from earlier releases)

There are probably more administrative things that should be limned by red
light, but those are what pop out at me right now as things that could
conceivably stop people in their tracks.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped