Subject: Re: NetBSD-current, does it support the 3Com 3c589D?
To: Nathan J Williams <nathanw@mit.edu>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/1999 09:14:05
Your message dated: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:21:10 CST
>In message <mtu1zim5wny.fsf@mary-kay-commandos.mit.edu>, Nathan J Williams
writ
>es:
>>	The 3c589B and C definitely work. I think the D should as
>>well. What output do you get from the kernel about the PCMCIA
>>controller and devices (ideally from a kernel with PCMCIAVERBOSE
>>enabled)?
>
>At least in BSD/OS, the 589D worked Just Like the 589C, but you had to add
>it to a table.

Do you have a pcic controller? I needed the following in my kernel config
to get my 3com PCMCIA ether to work:

options         PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE="0x300"
options         PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOSIZE="0xff"

# Mask out IRQ 10 and IRQ 3 (infrared) and 5 (soundblaster)
options         PCIC_ISA_INTR_ALLOC_MASK="0xfbd7"

The second option is the essential one, I think. It is 0x00 by default,
but some pcic's need 0xff before they do anything useful. (Don't ask
me for the technical details ;} ).

I think a `man pcic` would be nice to have as an alternative to reading
the source-file comments. (Maybe I should make a feeble attempt of writing
one - I never wrote a manpage in my life, but I guess I'm still young enough
to learn ;-} ).

Feico.