Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/1999 23:23:01
On Mar 17,  8:48am, Jason Thorpe wrote:
} On Wed, 17 Mar 1999 01:04:13 -0800
}  greywolf@starwolf.com (Missing - presumed fed.) wrote:
}
}  > "Let the install script or the intelligent sysadmin figure it out."
}
} "...but ship with the standards-described shell by default."

     "The wonderful thing about standards is that there are so many
from which to choose."  --  Andrew Tanenbaum

     BSD, is a standard in its own right.  I personally, don't give a
d*mn about POSIX, especially where it conflicts with BSD.  Where there
is a conflict, I want BSD to come out on top.  If I wanted a system
that was POSIX first and others second, I would be using Linux.

}-- End of excerpt from Jason Thorpe