Subject: Re: 1.4 schedule (was Re: From 1.3.3 to -current.)
To: None <perry@piermont.com, seebs@plethora.net>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/1999 21:57:24
On Mar 16,  5:44pm, "Perry E. Metzger" wrote:
} seebs@plethora.net writes:
} > Cool.  Well, we're all rooting for you.

     Yep.

} > Any kind of preliminary feature change list?
}
} ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/doc/CHANGES

     I find this document to be much too fine grained.  I'm not
interested in every little bug fix.  What I would like to see a
document that just gives the highlights, i.e.:

new arch:  bebox, PPC, sparc64, ...
new drivers:  pciide, ex, ...
UVM
USB
/etc/nsswitch.conf
32 bit dev_t
scheduler enhancements

A document with just these kinds of things would be very nice.  The
above is a start.  Perhaps, if we all work together, we could produce
a suitable document.

}-- End of excerpt from "Perry E. Metzger"