Subject: Re: NetBSD-current, does it support the 3Com 3c589D?
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/1999 15:04:22
On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 	Hello folks.  I'm trying to get NetBSD-1.3K running on my Dell
> Inspiron laptop.  All seems to work except that the generic kernel doesn't
> seem to recognize my 3c589D 3com PCMCIA ethernet adapter.
> Is this card supported?  How hard would it be to get support if it is not

Does the kernel recognize your PCMCIA controller? I think 3c589D support
was in 1.3... in any case, it's definitely in NetBSD-current:
# PCMCIA network interfaces
ep*     at pcmcia? function ?           # 3Com 3c589 and 3c562 Ethernet

I've got one, and it's working fine on my WinBook XLi...
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 23 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++