Subject: vi changed for the worse??? (or broken?)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/1999 08:04:18
This could be my imagination, but vi seems to be behaving differently after
last night's build. To wit, one of the things I do a *lot* is:

o[ESC]O[RETURN]

This always used to work fine. Now, I get a beep when I hit the uppercase
"O" if I do it too soon. This is intensely frustrating.

Stupidly, I didn't take the time to keep around my "last known working"
source from two weeks ago, so I can't diff to find changes.

I remember something about input timing a while back, and my suspition is
that for some reason we now have some sort of default wait after receiving
an escape that must be waited out before a new command may be entered. If
this isn't the case, then something strange is happening, as I have not
rebuilt X in a while, and X is the only other possible culprit I can imagine
here.

If, indeed, there has been a change of some sort, can someone point me to
it so I can reverse it on my box? I'm building vim now, but I'd rather use
our stock vi.

Thanks in advance...

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped