Subject: Kernel built today; curious message... (i386)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/1999 21:09:11
Hi, all. On reading the most recent security advisory, I supped new sources
and built a new kernel. On booting with this, I see:

matchbiosdisks: no BIOS_GEOM info

I'm curious about this - I've never seen it before. What does it mean?

Thanks in advance...

PS: Has anyone noticed floppy drives sporadically not showing up at boot time?
I've had this happen to me twice - rebooting (haven't tried rebooting *without*
a poweroff) the box serves as a cure, but obviously a bad one. I'd be willing
to chock this up to my flaky WIntel hardware, but I haven't seen it before,
and, well, I'm running -current so that I can catch problems before they
make it into releases, so... Thanks in advance for clues.

PPS: My previous kernel was built exactly two weeks ago, on the 3rd.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped