Subject: Re: PAM
To: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
From: Computo Ergo Checksum <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/1999 15:32:29
Dustin, my question was an honest one, not flame-bait.  Never having
used linux, I was curious as to why a preferential-type such as yourself
didn't just pick a working environment which was more to your liking.

Your reply was succinct: NetBSD is more stable, and that's an answer
I was looking for.

Further words which are not inflammatory (simply because of the subject
matter, and not because I'm upset with anyone) currently escape me, but
they have to do with the difference between molding one's individual
environs and attempting to reshape the world.  Consider that there is a
constant amount of success to distribute equally among the scope of your
attempt.  The degree of success as the scope narrows or broadens is left
as an exercise to the reader.

Personally, I don't really have a desire to see NetBSD look (or work) any
less BSD-like.  But with issues as simplistic as those which come up,
sometimes, feel being very important, I've been tempted more than once
to toss in the towel and see how Linux runs on an IPX and forget I ever
laid eyes on Berkeley.

				--*greywolf;
--
People who cannot be persuaded to use turn signals or ashtrays while driving
should not be permitted to drive.