Subject: Re: authentication stuff
To: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
From: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/1999 10:17:10
On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Michael K. Sanders wrote:

	Ah, so they have both BSD auth *and* PAM.  It seems that PAM is
the default though (from login.conf on my FreeBSD box):

## Authentication methods
## Note that these are disabled by default, and libutil must
## be rebuilt with LOGIN_CAP_AUTH defined to use them.

# No, FreeBSD also has login.conf.
#
# OGIN.CONF(5)             FreeBSD File Formats Manual            LOGIN.CONF(5)
#
# NAME
#      login.conf - login class capability database
#
# SYNOPSIS
#      /etc/login.conf, ~/.login_conf
#
# DESCRIPTION
#      login.conf contains various attributes and capabilities of login classes.
#      A login class (an optional annotation against each record in the user ac-
#      count database, /etc/master.passwd) determines session accounting, re-
#      source limits and user environment settings.  It is used by various pro-
#      grams in the system to set up a user's login environment and to enforce
#      policy, accounting and administrative restrictions.  It also provides the
#      means by which users are able to be authenticated to the system and the
#      types of authentication available.
#
#

--
SA, beyond.com           My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>