Subject: Re: Changing root's shell to /bin/sh
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@texas.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/1999 11:16:44
On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 11:02:37AM -0600, seebs@plethora.net wrote:
> Basically, I'm willing to think about this, but I'd like to have some idea
> of whether or not such changes would be accepted before I put much time into
> them.

This is, in general, a good thing to know about anything before implementing
it. Before I haul off and implement something - with my background, it's
likely to have a SysVish flavor - I'd like to know that I'm not going to get
told, once again, that I should just go find SysV.

For example, I'm thinking of actually implementing a control-file-based
multiple rc script system, similar in concept to the SysV rc.d but without
the file name conventions that folks here find bletcherous. I'm not oging to
even think about doing it if it'll just get me more of the kind of NIH
flamage I've seen over the past few days.

Should I bother?