Subject: Re: Changing root's shell to /bin/sh
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/1999 11:02:37
In message <19990317114626.A6556@rek.tjls.com>, Thor Lancelot Simon writes:
>What _do_ tend to get ignored are people saying "_X_ should be implemented."
>"_Y_ should be implemented." where nobody steps up to the plate to implement
>either.  This is a volunteer project, after all!

Understood.  So, how about this.

If, hypothetically, one were to look at implementing (or, frankly, copying
the BSD-licensed part of BSDI's implementation) "login.conf", at least as far
as having login(8) assign different default limits to different users, etc.,
would one be wasting one's time?

I have enough interest in this feature to think about it, but not enough to
do it solely for my benefit.

Basically, I'm willing to think about this, but I'd like to have some idea
of whether or not such changes would be accepted before I put much time into
them.

-s