Subject: Re: Shell war, please move
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@bk.bosch.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/1999 12:02:35
David Maxwell wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 08:12:03PM +0100, Guenther Grau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > could you please move the discussion about sh vs. csh
> > NIH vs BSD something vs. something else to
> >
> > mailto:netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org
>
> Pardon me?
>
> That discussion certainly has nothing to do with promoting the use
> of NetBSD. It is not more appropriately moved there.

Well, depends on how you look at it. IMHO, it's not suitable for
current-users, as the topic has nothing to do with problems in
current, but rather how NetBSD should evolve.
My complain is that every non-techincal discussion ends up on
current-users,
which reduces the signal to noise ration extremly :-(

> (A thread regarding whether NetBSD should become more Linux or SVR4 ish
> to attract users would be appropriate there, I don't think that was
> the discussion at hand however.)

Well, that's exactly what it became (and it was clear to me, that
at least one thread concerning this topic would end up this way.
Maybe I have been reading these mailing lists for too long ...)

After all, it's a matter of taste, what the login shell should
look like.

  Guenther